- Dec. 11-12: Holiday Magic & Memories | LS High School | Dec. 11 @ 7 p.m. | Dec. 12 @ 4 and 7 p.m.
You can’t miss the finale to the Sesquicentennial celebration at Lee’s Summit High School! Featuring performances by the Lee’s Summit Symphony, Truly 150 Choir, Heartland Children’s choir, Steppin’ Out dancers and a special composition by Lee’s Summit High School Alumni Kevin Hartnett.
Volunteers of the Truly 150 celebration will be recognized.
Cruise Ticket winner to be announced Friday!
Tickets for all three events can be purchased at www.LSsymphony.org/tickets.php
- Opening – “Everything’s coming up Lee’s Summit” – Adaptation of “Everything’s Coming Up Roses.” We will be involving the Truly 150 Steering Committee, members of the various committees, and volunteers throughout the year.
- These people will be referred as the “League of Champions.” They will parade through the aisles and be recognized. Symphony, Choirs, and Dancers will be involved.
- Imbawkwa – a riveting piece that was performed at Celebrate 150. Will feature the orchestra, choir, and Jen Balagna, dancer.
- I Hear America Singing – featuring the Heartland Children’s Choir, Verna Brummett, Director, along with the Symphony
- Strother Portrait – featuring LSHS Alumni Kevin Hartnett, guest conductor and composer.
- Thanks for the Memories – a tribute to Lee’s Summit’s 150th Sesquicentennial Celebration. Symphony, and slide show.Act 2
- Many Moods of Christmas, featuring the choirs, symphony.
- Radestsky’s March – Choirs will exit clapping on this piece.
- Stille Nacht – Symphony
- Dance of the Tumblers – Dancers from Steppin’ Out. Children’s chorus will enter
- Torah Orah – Heartland Children’s Choir with orchestra
- Holly Jolly Sing-a-long – Children’s choir, dancers, Olaf from Frozen, Orchestra, and Truly 150 Chorus will enter from back of auditorium and position themselves in the aisles.
- Encore: Sleigh-ride